Saturday 1 December 2012

Blog 54 - Count Your Blessings

I had a pity party this week. Yes I did. It could have been hormones or all the fabulous things people were doing and uploading to facebook....who knows but I was feeling sorry for myself.

How sucky was my life?

  • How unfair that myself and my children were born with this craniofacial syndrome and that our Summer holidays would be dictated by Nick's halo. Basically indoor quiet activities only.
  • How unfair was it that my youngest daughter had Down syndrome, and although she is high functioning and gorgeous to boot, her love of running off, also dictates and limits what activities we can do. There will be no going to activities where there is a possibility of us losing her.
  • How unfair was it that my visual impairment stops me from driving and I can't go and do the things that I would like to.
  • How unfair that my husband's stuffed wrist  stops him from lifting things..... 'thorns in the flesh'..... all make our life sucky.

But then the next day after I was having my pity party, I found out that my friend's husband had committed suicide. Woo - I kicked myself up the butt and changed my attitude very quickly.

My cup is half-full...it is not half-empty.

My life though not as I would have wanted could be far worse.

I will choose to focus on my blessings, not on my deficits.

My children are happy....my children are loved and cared for....they are brave.....they are cherished....I can see.....I am happy..... my husband can carry light things.....he is a great 'taxi' driver... we have a happy marriage...we do not have as much money as we would like but we can pay our bills...we have a roof over our head and food in our tummies.

Life is good.

© 2012 by Jenny Woolsey
No part of this blog may be reproduced without prior permission

No comments:

Post a Comment